CWD’s Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste Door Side Collection program encourages safe, easy, and responsible disposal of approved hazardous waste and electronics all without having to leave your home.

Items accepted via the HH&EW Door Side Collection program include poison, solvent, oil-based and latex paint, aerosols, used motor oil, auto batteries, fluorescent tubes, and televisions.

How to Prepare for Your HH&EW Collection

  1. Call CWD at 972.392.9300.
  2. CWD will mail you a collection kit.
  3. Assemble your HH&EW according to the instructions provided.
  4. Place HH&EW at your doorstep, where CWD will pick it up.

This service is provided up to once a month, and is included in your regular monthly trash and recycling charge.

The City of Colleyville contracts with the city of Fort Worth’s Environmental Collection Center (ECC) and Colleyville residents can dispose of household hazardous waste items (pesticides, paints, chemicals, etc.) at the ECC.  

You may use a recent water bill or a current driver’s license as proof of residency. The ECC is located at 6400 Bridge St. between I-30 and Loop 820. While residents are not directly charged for drop offs, Fort Worth charges the city of Colleyville a set fee per household drop off, so please consider collecting your household hazardous waste items and taking them in a single trip rather than taking a few items in several trips. Automotive items such as Freon and motor oil can be taken to local automotive stores. Please contact the automotive store before taking items. 

What’s Accepted at the ECC?
Acids, aerosol cans, antifreeze, batteries (all kinds, including car batteries), brake fluid, cooking oil, craft chemicals, degreasers, drain cleaner, fertilizer, fluorescent light bulbs, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), herbicides, household chemicals, motor oil, paints and stains, paint thinners, pest strips, pesticides, photo chemicals, pool chemicals, oil filters, solvents, transmission fluid, and varnish.