The annual Clean Sweep event offers residents a one-stop drop off event with 5 stations: The Crud Cruiser, electronics recycling, document shredding, bulk/brush trash, and Keep Colleyville Beautiful (Tires, Corks, Shoes, Clothes & Fire Extinguisher Recycling.)
Date: Saturday, March 16, 2019
Cost: Free for Colleyville residents with proof of residency
Location: Colleyville Heritage High School parking lot, 5401 Heritage Avenue (Access from 121 access road only)
- Bring a current driver’s license as proof of residency or a recent water bill with a driver’s license that matches the name on the water bill
- The event is conducted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For your safety please stay in your car at the collection location. Colleyville personnel will remove the waste from your vehicle.
- Please follow all instructions of the personnel who are operating the collection.
- Those not interested in using the Crud Cruiser can enter a separate line for access to the other four stations.
- Drivers that need to exit queues for the Crud Cruiser or other stations have the ability to leave at any time.
STATION #1- CRUD CRUISER
The Crud Cruiser (large truck) has designated compartments for different types of hazardous waste that must be kept separate. When the compartment for a type of hazardous waste is full (usually paint first), no more of those types of items can be accepted.
Only the first 50 households will be guaranteed access to the Crud Cruiser. Typically the Crud Cruiser accommodates approximately 100 households and fills up before 11 a.m. Every year, cars line up as early as 7 a.m. to get in line for this station.
Don’t want to wait in line? Don’t want to risk the Crud Cruiser filling up before it’s your turn? Take advantage of this year-round alternative…
CWD’s Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste Door Side Collection program encourages safe, easy, and responsible disposal of approved hazardous waste and electronics all without having to leave your home.
Items accepted via the HH&EW Door Side Collection program include poison, solvent, oil-based and latex paint, aerosols, used motor oil, auto batteries, fluorescent tubes, and televisions.
How to Prepare for Your HH&EW Collection
- Call CWD at 972.392.9300.
- CWD will mail you a collection kit.
- Assemble your HH&EW according to the instructions provided.
- Place your HH&EW at your doorstep, where CWD will pick it up.
This service is provided up to once a month, and is included in your regular monthly trash and recycling charge.
Colleyville residents can also drop off household hazardous waste at the Fort Worth Environmental Collection Center (ECC) year-round at no charge, with proof of residency. The ECC is located at 6400 Bridge St. in Fort Worth.
- Sort liquid paint by type, i.e. latex, oil-based and lead-based.
- Keep chemicals in their original containers. Place broken or leaking containers in a second container of like material, i.e. glass for corrosives, metal for flammables.
- If a container has no label and its contents are known, please place a label on the container clearly stating the contents.
- Do not transport chemicals in the passenger compartment of your vehicle. Please put them in your trunk or truck bed.
Acids, aerosol cans, antifreeze, batteries (all kinds, including car batteries), brake fluid, cooking oil, craft chemicals, degreasers, drain cleaner, fertilizer, fluorescent light bulbs, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), herbicides, household chemicals, motor oil, paints and stains, paint thinners, pest strips, pesticides, photo chemicals, pool chemicals, oil filters, solvents, transmission fluid, and varnish.
STATION #2 - ELECTRONICS RECYCLING
Anything with a battery or that plugs in is acceptable, including appliances
STATION #3 – DOCUMENT SHREDDING
Bring paper to be shredded in a cardboard box or paper bag that you do not need returned
In order to keep the line moving, you may not be able to stay and watch your box get shredded
STATION #4 – BULK/BRUSH TRASH DROP OFF
Service provided by Community Waste Disposal, the City’s franchise holder for garbage and recycling services
STATION #5 – KEEP COLLEYVILLE BEAUTIFUL
Keep Colleyville Beautiful will collect tires and fire extinguishers.