Am I required to obtain a permit for a residential garage sale in Colleyville?
No, Colleyville does not require that a permit be obtained for a residential garage sale.
Am I required to obtain a permit for a commercial garage sale in the Colleyville?
Yes, commercial garage sales are considered a special event and therefore will require a Special Event Permit obtained through the Building Inspection Department. Please allow five to seven business days for this review process.
Are there a set number of garage sales that I am permitted to have per calendar year?
Am I allowed to have signage for my garage sale?
Yes. The following is an excerpt from the City of Colleyville Land Development Code Chapter 7 Sign Regulations Section 7-190:
D. Garage Sale Signs - The purpose of a garage sale sign is to announce the sale of household possessions. Garage sale signs shall be allowed in any zoning district in accordance with Table 7-4. The maximum area, height, spacing and setbacks of a garage sale sign shall conform to the specifications contained in Table 7-5 and shall comply with the following additional regulations:
- Duration: A garage sale sign shall not be posted more than twenty-four (24) hours prior to the beginning of the sale and shall be removed within twenty-four (24) hours following the end of the sale.
- Illumination: A garage sale sign shall not be illuminated
- Permit: No permit or fee shall be required for any garage sale sign.
- Single-family residential on-premises: One garage sale sign per street frontage shall allowed, but only on the premises where the garage sale is being conducted and where there is an existing residential use.
- Neighborhood-wide garage sales: Two garage sale signs per subdivision entrance shall be allowed for a neighborhood-wide garage sale sponsored by a homeowner's association (HOA). The garage sale sign may be off-premises from where the actual garage sale is conducted, but the sign shall be located on property, including a street right-of-way, that is within the limits of the homeowner's association. The HOA must be registered with the Colleyville Code Enforcement Department.