Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

You will receive notice that a warrant has been issued and the amount you owe the Court. Until you resolve it, your warrant will be active in the Texas Law Enforcement database and you are subject to arrest at any time by any agency.

Failure to resolve the warrant may result in surcharges from the Texas Department of Public Safety

Types of Warrants 

 The Court issues two types of warrants:

Alias Warrants  Capias Pro Fine
  • Defendant failed to appear and plea to the offense by set deadline
  • A charge of failure to appear is filed against Defendant
  • Defendant has not yet been convicted of the offense
  • Defendant is subject to warrant fees
  • Defendant is subject to arrest by any agency at any time
  • Upon arrest, Defendant may ask to plea to the offense and have a commitment hearing before the Court to determine sentencing
  • Defendant has pled to the offense but has failed to satisfy the judgment
  • Defendant has been convicted of the offense
  • Defendant is subject to late payment and warrant fees
  • Defendant is subject to arrest by any agency at any time
  • Defendant may request for time served credit in lieu of fine for time spent incarcerated in any jurisdiction (this will be subject to verification)

How to Resolve a Warrant 

Your warrant may be cleared from the Texas Law Enforcement operating system if you enter a plea of guilty or no contest to each charge and pay the fine and any applicable fees. If you have a Capias Pro Fine warrant, you may contact the court and set up a pay plan.

If you want to plead not guilty or speak to the prosecutor or judge regarding your case, you may post a cash bond for the full amount of the fine, hire an attorney or bail bondsman to post an appearance bond on your behalf for each violation. A cash bond or an appearance bond will allow you to have a court date to speak with the judge.

If you have been incarcerated and you would like to ask the Judge to consider giving you time credit in lieu of a fine, mail, fax, or bring to court a Motion Request for Time Served.

Be sure to include a plea when making such a request.  If you have alias warrants or you would like to plead not guilty, you may still request time served in lieu of fine but will need to come to court to work out either a deal or set your case for trial.

If you fail to dispose of your warrant, a warrant officer will actively pursue your arrest. Additionally, your warrant will be entered into a Texas Law Enforcement database which will subject you to being arrested by any peace officer in Texas.