Procedure for Requesting a Zoning Change

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Zoning establishes the types of land uses permitted on specific tracts of land. Colleyville is divided into various zoning districts for the purpose of regulating the use of land. Within each zoning district, the text of the zoning regulations specifies the permitted uses, maximum building heights, the required yard set-backs, the necessary off-street parking, and other development standards. The zoning regulations vary among the various zoning districts, but the regulations are uniform within each zoning district. Zoning is one of the several tools to use in implementing the City's long range Master Plan.

The zoning designation of a piece of property can change only after a public hearing process. This process allows public participation from the applicant, interested citizens, and appointed and elected officials. The process requires public notification, public hearings, and final approval by the City Council.

The rezoning process from submission of an application to final action by the City Council typically takes 8 to 10 weeks.

The following is a list of the current rezoning application fees.

Application Type
Zoning Change
$500 + $5 per acre
Planned Unit Development (PUD)
$750 + $5 per acre
Amendment to an existing (PUD) to add, delete or change a special condition
Special Use Permit (SUP)
$500 + $5 per acre
SUP Residential Accessory Building
SUP Residential Carport
SUP Alcoholic Beverage Sales or Package Store Requests

For the safety of the applicants and staff, all application submittals are preferred and highly encourage to be submitted digitally. This will also help to expedite the review of your request. Please contact Araceli Botello for more information about processing your application digitally at 817-503-1051. Thank you.