Today is the day to make the choice of a lifetime!
Interested persons should contact Sgt. David Martz by telephone at 817.503.1213, by email at email@example.com or in person at the Colleyville Justice Center, 5201 Riverwalk Dr., Colleyville Texas 76034. Become an officer today with the Colleyville Police Department.
City of Colleyville Job Opportunities
The City of Colleyville is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ADA Employer
QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT
A. The minimum qualifications that all applicants for the position of police officer must meet include the following:
1. Age of 21
2. High school graduate or GED
3. Have at least 30 hours of college credit. (May be waived for specific prior law enforcement or military
4. Pass a written examination
5. Pass a background investigation which includes the following:
a. Personal and family history;
b. Credit history, including current creditors;
c. Education, including all schools attended and degrees or certificates obtained;
d. All residences for the past ten years;
e. Comprehensive employment history;
f. A fingerprint-based criminal history search, including all arrests, locations, dates, and dispositions;
g. Traffic summonses and accidents, and
h. An inquiry of family, friends, and associates as to character and reputation, plus an informal interview with the
applicant's spouse or "significant other,” as well as ex-spouses.
6. Pass the Essential Job Function Screening
7. Pass a polygraph test
8. Pass an oral interview board
9. Pass psychological screening, and drug test
10. Be of good moral character
a. Good moral character is determined by a favorable report following the comprehensive background
investigation. The interview shall be employed to help evaluate good moral character. Good moral character
ensures compatibility with the department's community-oriented policing goals.
11. Any other standards set by law or by policy of the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
DISQUALIFIERS FOR EMPLOYMENT
The following are absolute disqualifiers for employment as a sworn officer:
1. Conviction or admission of any felony
2. Conviction of any Class A or B misdemeanor in the past 10 years
3. Conviction or admission of any illegal drug use within the past 5 years, or use of marijuana within the past two years
or has ever used or possessed any drug in violation of penalty group 1 or 2 of the Texas Drug Laws-Controlled
4. Conviction of family violence within the past 10 years
5. Dishonorable discharge from the military
6. Any other standards set by law or by policy of the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
Thank you for your interest in the Colleyville Police Department and we look forward to hearing back from you.