Mayor for a Day Contest Rules
Colleyville Mayor for a Day Contest
If you were mayor, if only for a day, what three ideas would you implement to make Colleyville an even better place to live?
Mayor David Kelly is giving Colleyville residents in grades 2-7 the opportunity to speak their minds during the 2012 Mayor for a Day Contest. The winner will serve as honorary mayor on Tuesday, Dec. 4, spending the day meeting with city leaders and touring city facilities, including the Justice Center and fire department. (The Mayor for a Day winner’s schedule will be subject to approval by his/her parents.) He or she also will attend the pre-council meeting to review city business and co-preside over the city council meeting that evening.
How to Participate
Contestants must submit a one- to two-page essay addressing three ideas he or she would implement to make Colleyville an even better place to live. The winning essay will be posted on the city’s website.
Write your essay in any form or style that is comfortable for you and that you feel best expresses your opinions.
· Your essay must be at least one page in length and no more than two pages. Pages should be single spaced, using a 12 pt. font or smaller. Grades 2-5 may submit handwritten essays on ruled paper.
· Your entry must have your name, age, grade, address, and phone number attached in order to be entered into the Mayor for a Day Contest.
· Contest opens Nov. 1 and all entries must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Nov. 27. Essays received after this date cannot be accepted.
· Contest is only open to Colleyville residents.
· Essays may be dropped off at the Colleyville Public Library or Colleyville City Hall (City Manager's Office, third floor) or sent by mail or email to:
Mayor for a Day Contest
Colleyville City Hall
100 Main Street
Colleyville, Texas 76034