Clean Sweep 2016 is scheduled on Saturday, April 9.
Location: Colleyville Heritage High School Parking Lot (5401 Heritage Avenue)
Cost: Free for Colleyville residents with proof of residency
- Bring a recent water bill and/or current driver’s license as proof of residency.
- The event is conducted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For your safety please stay in your car at the collection location. Colleyville personnel will remove the waste from your vehicle. Please follow all instructions of the personnel who are operating the collection.
One-stop drop-off event with four stations:
- Only the first 50 households will be guaranteed access to the Crud Cruiser. Typically the Crud Cruiser accommodates approximately 100 households and fills up before 11 a.m. If the unit fills up you will receive directions and a map to the Fort Worth Environmental Collection Center (ECC), where you may drop off your household hazardous waste for disposal year round without an additional charge. The city of Colleyville is charged $47 for each household that utilizes the Crud Cruiser or the ECC; please attempt to consolidate your waste to maximize efficiency.
- Sort liquid paint by type, (i.e. latex, oil-based, and lead-based).
- Keep chemicals in their original containers; place broken or leaking containers in a second container of like material (i.e. glass for corrosives, metal for flammables).
- If a container has no label and its contents are known, please place a label on the container clearly stating the contents.
- Do not transport chemicals in the passenger compartment of your vehicle. Please put them in your trunk or truck bed.
Acids, aerosol cans, antifreeze, batteries (all kinds, including car batteries), brake fluid, cooking oil, craft chemicals, degreasers, drain cleaner, fertilizer, fluorescent light bulbs, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), herbicides, household chemicals, motor oil, paints and stains, paint thinners, pest strips, pesticides, photo chemicals, pool chemicals, oil filters, solvents, transmission fluid, and varnish.
What’s NOT Accepted?
Ammunition, asbestos, building materials, butane cylinders, electronics, explosives, medical waste, PCBs, pharmaceuticals, propane cylinders, radioactive material, smoke detectors, tires, refrigerators, freezers, and TVs. (Note: electronics and appliances can be dropped off at the electronics recycling station, just not at the Crud Cruiser)
- Anything with a battery or that plugs in is acceptable
- Bring paper to be shredded in a cardboard box or paper bag that you do not need returned
- In order to keep the line moving, you may not be able to stay and watch your box get shredded
Bulk/Brush Trash Drop-Off
- Service provided by Progressive Waste, the City’s franchise holder for garbage and recycling services