Spring Clean Sweep
Cost: Free. Available to Colleyville residents only; proof of residency required
Location: Colleyville Heritage High School Parking Lot
5401 Heritage Avenue
- Bring a recent water bill and/or current driver's license as proof of residency.
- The event is conducted on a first-come, first-served basis. Only the first 50 households will be guaranteed access to the Crud Cruiser.
Typically the Crud Cruiser can accommodate approximately 100 households and usually fills up before 11 a.m. If the unit fills up or the timeframe has expired, you will receive directions and a map to the Fort Worth Environmental Collection Center where you may dispose of household hazardous waste without an additional charge.
- For your safety, please stay in your car at the collection location. Colleyville personnel will remove
the waste from your vehicle. Please follow all instructions of the personnel who are operating the collection.
- Sort liquid paint by type (i.e. latex, oil-based, and lead-based)
- Keep chemicals in their original containers. Place broken or leaking containers in a second container
of like material (i.e. glass for corrosives, metal for flammables).
- If a container has no label and its contents are known, please place a label on the container clearly stating the contents.
- Do not transport chemicals in the passenger compartment of your vehicle. Please put them in your
trunk or truck bed.
- aerosol cans
- batteries (all kinds, including car batteries)
- brake fluid
- cooking oil
- craft chemicals
- drain cleaner
- fluorescent light bulbs
- compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs)
- household chemicals
- motor oil
- paints and stain
- paint thinners
- pest strips
- photo chemicals
- pool chemicals
- oil filters
- transmission fluid
What's NOT Accepted?
- building materials
- butane cylinders
- medical waste
- propane cylinders
- radioactive material
- smoke detectors
Additional instructions for disposing of waste:
- If a product is still usable, give it to someone who can use it instead of bringing it for disposal.
- The city of Colleyville is charged $47 for each household that utilizes the Crud Cruiser or the Fort Worth Environmental Collection Center. Please attempt to consolidate your waste to maximize efficiency.
- Small amounts of latex paint may be disposed of in your regular trash after the lid has been left off to allow the paint to completely dry.
- Rechargeable batteries and cell phones can be dropped off at the city of Colleyville's Utility Billing office on the first floor of City Hall or at many Best Buy, Radio Shack, Staples, and Home Depot locations for recycling.
- Most Best Buy, Staples, and Goodwill Industries locations will accept old computer components and small appliances.